Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Drag 'n Drop support for custom asp.net catalogpart/catalogzone.

Drag 'n Drop support for custom asp.net catalogpart/catalogzone.

ArnoB

Hi all,

I want to implement drag 'n drop functionality to take a webpart from the
asp.net webpart catalog and add it to the webzone I drop it on. I understand
I shoud inherit some baseclasses and implement some control of my own. Now
i'm looking for some example-code but can't find it anywhere.

I basically want to implement the way webparts are added like in igoogle,
dropthings.com, netvibes.com
Almost every site on internet what uses webparts/gadgets uses this
functionality. I can't believe this doesn't exist for asp.net webparts yet.

I hope someone can provide me with some sample codebits to see how this
should be achieved.

Thanks,

Arno

lee atkinson

http://www.codeplex.com/dropthings

On 25/02/2009 11:35, in article
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), "ArnoB"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to implement drag 'n drop functionality to take a webpart from the
> asp.net webpart catalog and add it to the webzone I drop it on. I understand
> I shoud inherit some baseclasses and implement some control of my own. Now
> i'm looking for some example-code but can't find it anywhere.
>
> I basically want to implement the way webparts are added like in igoogle,
> dropthings.com, netvibes.com
> Almost every site on internet what uses webparts/gadgets uses this
> functionality. I can't believe this doesn't exist for asp.net webparts yet.
>
> I hope someone can provide me with some sample codebits to see how this
> should be achieved.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arno

ArnoB

Well, dropthings isn't using the asp.net webparts and webparts-catalog, they
build their own framework. It looks pretty good though, but for me it's
useless atm.

I already found some article in the book ASP.NET 2.0 Unleashed, they made a
dragdropwebpartcatalogpart. I implemented this and it works, however... I
run in some problems:

1. When using the ajax scriptmanager and updatepanel, the dag 'n drop is
executed twice. Seems like

if
(!Page.ClientScript.IsClientScriptIncludeRegistere d("DragDropCatalogZone"))
{
Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptInclude("Dra gDropCatalogZone",
Page.ResolveUrl("~/js/DragDropCatalogZone.js"));
Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(typeof(Dra gDropCatalogZone),
"DragDropCatalogZone", startupScript, true);
}

should be rewritten for the issue with the updatepanel. I think I've to
register the script at the Ajax scriptmanager, but i'm not sure about this
and how to do this from the inherited CatalogZone class.

2. When using the July 2007 CTP webpartmanager I get the javascript-error:
WebPart_OnDragEnd is not defined. I need this for firefox/safari
compatibility. Seems like my javascript file needs to be updated at some
point.

My test project is here and has a 'Working.aspx' and 'NotWorking.aspx' (the
last one has updatepanel, scriptmanager and CTP WebPartZones and
WebPartManager):
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=5...4e75f6e8ebb871

Can somebody help me out with this, if I got it working i'm willin to upload
this for other users reference...

Thanks,

Arno

"lee atkinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:C5CC31E0.384C%(E-Mail Removed)...