Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Capturing Keystrokes

Capturing Keystrokes

Rob T

In the past, I've made several poor attempts at capturing keyboard strokes
with JS. Mostly, I would want to hit something like ALT-H or F1 for a help
screen....

Hitting the Alt key usually kicks you into the IE menu and doesn't really
allow me to trap the keystrokes.

So....on our new Exchange 2003 web interface, MS has a great interface with
it. It allows you to hit ALT-S for send, F7 for spell check, and other
strokes that a regular version of Outlook uses.

How do they do this....ActiveX, JS? Can someone point me in the right
direction? Thanks.

Vidar Petursson

Hi

Event object ( IE only )