Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Master/Content Page Error in Design/Split View

Master/Content Page Error in Design/Split View

Nathan Sokalski

I have Master and Content Pages that have the following ContentPlaceHolder
and Content controls:

<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="cphContentArea" runat="server"/>

<asp:Content ID="cntContentArea" ContentPlaceHolderID="cphContentArea"
runat="server">.</asp:Content>

My page works when I debug the application, but Design and Split View give
the following error:

Master Page error
The page has one or more <asp:Content> controls that do not correspond with
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder> controls in the Master Page.
Correct the problem in Code View:
..cphContentArea

Why is Visual Studio 2008 complaining about this? Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
http://www.nathansokalski.com/