Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > set <head> from ascx

set <head> from ascx

Peter

Hi have an aspx which dynamically includes some ascx's.

One of the ascx's needs to set an element in the <head> of the page -
is this possible from the code-behind of an ascx?

For example, I have an ascx which can generate an RSS-feed, and this
ascx is sometimes included on the aspx and sometimes it is not.

If it is included on the aspx, then I would like to set the element in
the <head> of the page which allows the browser to know to display its
"rss image button" (something like <link rel="alternate"
type="application/rss+xml" href="http://www.myplace/myrss.xml"
title="RSS feed">).

Can I do that from my ascx?

Thanks,