Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > CreateUserWizard Control question

CreateUserWizard Control question

Elsy

Hi:

I'm studying VS using the book Asp.Net unleashed. In it's chapter 22 the
author teaches how to use CreateUserWizard to code pages that allow creating
new users to your web site.

At this point I'm using the template MailDefinition, which sends an email to
each new user.

The control does send the message as long as the new user's webmail account is
registered with my own internet provider (interlink.net.ve in my case in
Venezuela), but if the new user has an email account such as http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed),
the message never arrives.

Could anybody tell me why?

Nathan Sokalski

I haven't done any extensive research yet, but if you attempt to send an
email using the System.Net.Mail namespace will it let you send it to either
address? Sometimes certain server settings on the SMTP server restrict what
addresses you can send to. Try creating a simple test page to send an email
using the System.Net.Mail namespace and see if you can send it that way just
to help you determine where the problem is. (NOTE: Wonderful choice on the
book, if that book didn't exist, I'd be pretty much considered an ASP.NET
idiot right now!)
--
Nathan Sokalski
(E-Mail Removed)