Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > custom sorting in gridview

custom sorting in gridview

AVL

Hi
I want to implment cusotm sorting in gridview...
Ive a dropdown box on my page where ive all the fields(columsn) to be sorted..
whenever hte user selects the value in the dropdown , the gridview should be
sorted...

As of now, whenever user selects a value in the dropdown , Im rebinding
the grid with sorting applied....
but this is hittng the page performance...

so Im thinking to get the datasource associated with the girdview and then
sort the data...
Ive used gridview,DataSource property to retrieve the datatable associated
with it..
but its always returning null.

can some one help me out with this issue.
why is the DataSource property returnign null though the data is present...
How the .net has implemented the default sorting without reloading..??.