Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > 'The name 'controlname' does not exist in the current context'

'The name 'controlname' does not exist in the current context'

Terry

Hello,

VS 2008 SP1, ASP.NET 3.5 , C#

I have problem adding controls to my webpage default.aspx. There is a
group of controls that just refuse to be used with message:
'The name 'controlname' does not exist in the current context'

I researched a web and found that similar problem exists around but
somehow I cannot get solution.

Interesting thing is that if do run debugging and ignore error
messages whole thing actually works fine. On the other hand I am
unable to publish site because of this.

Another intersting notice: I was playing with that a little and here
is situation:

Control1
Control2
Control3
....etc

They ALL have that error message: 'The name 'controlname' does not
exist in the current context'

But when I add another one like this:

NewControl
Control1
Control2
Control3
....etc

Now NewControl ONLY have that error, others DO NOT !

Anybody have any idea or advice on this problem ??

Thank you

Terry