Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > What the difference between reponse.redirect(strMessage) andwebClient.Downloaddata(strMessage)?

What the difference between reponse.redirect(strMessage) andwebClient.Downloaddata(strMessage)?

jmk@larvikbanken.no

I'm trying to use an external SMS-service through .NET Framework 1.1
and using the webClient.DownloadData(strMessage) method. The
strMessage is a string consisting the parameters to send a message,
and the return-value to the DownloadData method is to be a status code
for the requested message. However, using this method causes a
connection-timeout from the SMS-service. Sending the same strMessage
using reponse.redirect(strMessage) sends the message as exected and
displays the status code in the browser-window. What is the difference
between these two methods regarding the request to the SMS-service? Is
there som change in the request that causes the timeout, or am I using
the downloadData method wrong?

regards,
John Martin