Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Sorry no subject White space in image control

Sorry no subject White space in image control

Geoff

I am a bit new to this.
I am loading images up and displaying them so they can be selected next or
previous, II am using the Image control setting its ImageUrl property.
I have no problems unless the image file name has a white space in it, how
do I solve this I have read on the net but cant seem to find it.
If I load the image at design time with white space alls well.
Thanks for any guidence

Stan

On 12 Aug, 21:22, "Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am a bit new to this.
> I am loading images up and displaying them so they can be selected next or
> previous, II am using the Image control setting its ImageUrl property.
> I have no problems unless the image file name has a white space in it, how
> do I solve this I have read on the net but cant seem to find it.
> If I load the image at design time with white space alls well.
> Thanks for any guidence

Hi

Substitute %20 in place of the space character
e.g "../The picture.jpg" would become "../The%20picture.jpg"

HTH

Geoff

Maybe it could not find the root folder in IIS.
and maybe the space was not the problem?

Strange though it seemed to work if I renamed the file without a space.

Still given the above file root it works all ways regardless of space or not
in the file name.

Thanks Geoff.

Geoff

Thanks Stan.
Only sent half the message.
I have not used NET new to it, vb6 & interdev.
Tried your suggestion before posting no joy.
I used ! "~/The directory/The Filename.xxx"

With no problem then regardless of the spaces, strange without it formated
like the above it only displayed files without the spaces.
Thanks Geoff