Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Layout Question

Layout Question

TC

Hey All,

I am trying to create a page that a thumbnails with a checkbox & title
beneath along with a label. The page also has pagination with individual
controls above and below.

I've seen plenty of stuff that generates a table of thumbnails and I've seen
gridviews with checkboxes but nothing that combines all of these elements.

Again, I'm looking to create rows of thumbnails with a checkbox underneath
with associated title text and a label as well that also has pagination
functionality.

Can someone offer some advice?

Thanks,

TC

I've used the Table web control to create this kind of functionality in the
past.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,

"TC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hey All,
>
> I am trying to create a page that a thumbnails with a checkbox & title
> beneath along with a label. The page also has pagination with individual
> controls above and below.
>
> I've seen plenty of stuff that generates a table of thumbnails and I've
> seen gridviews with checkboxes but nothing that combines all of these
> elements.
>
> Again, I'm looking to create rows of thumbnails with a checkbox underneath
> with associated title text and a label as well that also has pagination
> functionality.
>
> Can someone offer some advice?
>
> Thanks,
>
> TC

TC

Hey Steve,

Have you done this with a bound control and, if so, do you have any code
snippets?

Thanks,

Todd

"Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've used the Table web control to create this kind of functionality in
> the past.
>
> --
> I hope this helps,
> Steve C. Orr,
> MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASPInsider
> http://SteveOrr.net
> http://iPhonePlaza.net
>

> "TC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Hey All,
>>
>> I am trying to create a page that a thumbnails with a checkbox & title
>> beneath along with a label. The page also has pagination with individual
>> controls above and below.
>>
>> I've seen plenty of stuff that generates a table of thumbnails and I've
>> seen gridviews with checkboxes but nothing that combines all of these
>> elements.
>>
>> Again, I'm looking to create rows of thumbnails with a checkbox
>> underneath with associated title text and a label as well that also has
>> pagination functionality.
>>
>> Can someone offer some advice?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> TC

Evan Freeman

I recommend you look at the listview control. It gives you teh most
flexability, I have used it numerous times to create photo galleries with
pagination and with images plus titles and descriptions.

Matt Berseth has numerous examples of what you need with source on his blog,
you can find a link to it from my blog, I'm to lazy to post the link =]

Evan Freeman
http://EvanFreeman.blogspot.com

"TC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hey All,
>
> I am trying to create a page that a thumbnails with a checkbox & title
> beneath along with a label. The page also has pagination with individual
> controls above and below.
>
> I've seen plenty of stuff that generates a table of thumbnails and I've
> seen gridviews with checkboxes but nothing that combines all of these
> elements.
>
> Again, I'm looking to create rows of thumbnails with a checkbox underneath
> with associated title text and a label as well that also has pagination
> functionality.
>
> Can someone offer some advice?
>
> Thanks,
>
> TC

TC

Hey Evan,

The website I'm working on is written in 2.0. Isn't the ListView a VS2008 /
3.5 product?

Thanks,

Todd

news:(E-Mail Removed)...