Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Client side validation does not fire on deployment server

Client side validation does not fire on deployment server

Mark

Hi,

I've been having problems with the validation controls not working on
my deployment server. Initially it was a security issue with the
anonymous account not having permissions to access
/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js but I think I've
now fixed this.

What is happening now is I'm not getting a security issue but the
validation is not occuring, the page submits without validation. When
I compare the validation javascript on pages from my development
machine with the deployment machine I see the following difference:

Dev. Machine:
var Page_ValidationActive = false;
if (typeof(clientInformation) != "undefined" &&
clientInformation.appName.indexOf("Explorer") != -1) {
if (typeof(Page_ValidationVer) == "undefined")
alert("Unable to find script library
'/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'. Try placing
this file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regiis -c'.");
else if (Page_ValidationVer != "125")
alert("This page uses an incorrect version of
WebUIValidation.js. The page expects version 125. The script library
is " + Page_ValidationVer + ".");
else
ValidatorOnLoad();
}

Deployment Server:
var Page_ValidationActive = false;
if (typeof(clientInformation) != "undefined" &&
clientInformation.appName.indexOf("Explorer") != -1) {
if ((typeof(Page_ValidationVer) != "undefined") &&
(Page_ValidationVer == "125"))
ValidatorOnLoad();
}

Both machines are running .net v1.1.4322. Can anybody shed some light
on this?

Thanks,
Mark

George Ter-Saakov

I had simmilar problem.

I had a CustomValidator on a page with ClientValidation set to true
(default) but without any script attached.

I did have a server validation.

Everyhting worked on my machine (2000) but did not on 2003. None of the
validators worked, even regular, on that page.

As soon as i set ClientValidation to false everything become normal.

George.

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> I've been having problems with the validation controls not working on
> my deployment server. Initially it was a security issue with the
> anonymous account not having permissions to access
> /aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js but I think I've
> now fixed this.
>
> What is happening now is I'm not getting a security issue but the
> validation is not occuring, the page submits without validation. When
> I compare the validation javascript on pages from my development
> machine with the deployment machine I see the following difference:
>
> Dev. Machine:
> var Page_ValidationActive = false;
> if (typeof(clientInformation) != "undefined" &&
> clientInformation.appName.indexOf("Explorer") != -1) {
> if (typeof(Page_ValidationVer) == "undefined")
> alert("Unable to find script library
> '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'. Try placing
> this file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regiis -c'.");
> else if (Page_ValidationVer != "125")
> alert("This page uses an incorrect version of
> WebUIValidation.js. The page expects version 125. The script library
> is " + Page_ValidationVer + ".");
> else
> ValidatorOnLoad();
> }
>
> Deployment Server:
> var Page_ValidationActive = false;
> if (typeof(clientInformation) != "undefined" &&
> clientInformation.appName.indexOf("Explorer") != -1) {
> if ((typeof(Page_ValidationVer) != "undefined") &&
> (Page_ValidationVer == "125"))
> ValidatorOnLoad();
> }
>

> Both machines are running .net v1.1.4322. Can anybody shed some light
> on this?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Alphonse Giambrone

Sounds like you might be having the same issue as I just had.

/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js
must be installed from the server the app is running on. You can't copy from
your machine.

--

Alphonse Giambrone
Email: a-giam at customdatasolutions dot us

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...