Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > login problems

login problems

Rob Eventine

hello,
i really need this little problem solving...

i have used the asp.net login / registration wizards to set up a secure
area.

everything works great but not when uploaded to the server.

the aspnetdb database NAME is not allowed. i am also not allowed to use the
aspnet_regsql to create the DB online.

my question is this:

is there anyway i can modify the login / registration wizards to use a
different named database while keeping the original wizards and not having
to rewrite them?

thanks in advance

and i mean it..

Lars

Hi

A similar problem that I have is that my ISP have the webpage on one server
and the MSSQL database on another server. How do you keep track on the user
information on another server. Is it possible to use an Access database file
for the user information in stead. I can uppload as many Access databases as
I'd like to as ong as my storage limit isn't exceeded.

Lars

"Rob Eventine" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:bHFXj.14148$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> hello,
> i really need this little problem solving...
>
> i have used the asp.net login / registration wizards to set up a secure
> area.
>
> everything works great but not when uploaded to the server.
>
> the aspnetdb database NAME is not allowed. i am also not allowed to use
> the
> aspnet_regsql to create the DB online.
>
> my question is this:
>
> is there anyway i can modify the login / registration wizards to use a
> different named database while keeping the original wizards and not having
> to rewrite them?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> and i mean it..

Marc

Lars wrote:
> Hi
>
> A similar problem that I have is that my ISP have the webpage on one server
> and the MSSQL database on another server. How do you keep track on the user
> information on another server. Is it possible to use an Access database file
> for the user information in stead. I can uppload as many Access databases as
> I'd like to as ong as my storage limit isn't exceeded.

Google Membership providers.