Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > How to access user control child controls

How to access user control child controls

Waldy

Hi there,
I am loading some user controls and I want to populate the
child controls within them, but can't access them. I doing the following in
a loop. However the TitleText or other child controls are not available.
They have the runat server tag.

NoticeItem uc = (NoticeItem)Page.LoadControl("~/noticeitem.ascx");

uc.TitleText = "Some text";

e.t.c

NoticeboardPanel.Controls.Add(uc);

Waldy

I got around the probem by adding some public properties to the user control
like so:

public String Title
{
set { TitleText.Text = value; }