Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > remote assistance

remote assistance

=?Utf-8?B?Y29sdW1ibw==?=

My home wireless network consists of my desktop connected to the Internet via
a Belkin Pre N Router and cable modem and my lap top connects wirelessly to
the net via the router. the two computers are 15 feet apart and I can use
Remote Assistance in either direction with no prolems at all.

However, when I want to use Remote Assistance with my son, 300 miles away,
the problem that I have begins. Each of us can send and recieve invitations
with MSN Messenger(on different occasions), both will be accepted, Remote
Assistance loads and tries to connect but then gives up the ghost and closes
after about 20 seconds.

Can anyone throw any light on why this should be so and advise me how to
overcome the problem? Many thanks in advance

--
tuftie

Don Grover

I would expect it requires port 3389 open and redirected on your router or
firewall (if you have one)
Try this link for more information.:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro.../rmassist.mspx

Regards