Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > ASP namespace strong type access for dynamically loaded user control

ASP namespace strong type access for dynamically loaded user control

Greg James

ASP namespace strong type access for dynamically loaded user control
(web application, not web site)

I have a user control in a web application which I dynamically load
from an aspx page as follows:
UserControl ctl = Page.LoadControl("./User Controls/
MailForwardingGrid2.ascx") as UserControl;
form1.Controls.Add(ctl);

This works fine.

I have added 2 properties to the user control and would like to load
the strong type version of the user control in order to set the new
parameters at runtime. I would like to do something like the
following:
ASP.usercontrols_MailForwardingGrid2_ascx ctrl =
(ASP.usercontrols_MailForwardingGrid2_ascx)Page.Lo adControl("./User
Controls/MailForwardingGrid2.ascx");
ctrl.SourceTypeID = Int32.Parse(context);
ctrl.SourceID = id;

Unfortunately, the ASP namespace is not showing my user control (the
ASP namespace is not showing up at all).

I have tried "<%@ Register ... " and "<%@ Reference ... " to no avail
as follows:

<%@ Register Src="User Controls/MailForwardingGrid2.ascx"
TagName="MailForwardingGrid2"
TagPrefix="uc1" %>
<%@ Reference Control="User Controls/MailForwardingGrid2.ascx" %>

I access user controls through the ASP namespace from web sites all
the time but the current failure is from a web application.

Advice?

-------------------------------------
DETAILS:
Here is the page from which I am attempting to access the user
control...

CodeBehind="DisplayForm.aspx.cs"
Inherits="WebApplication1.DisplayForm" %>

<%@ Register Src="User Controls/MailForwardingGrid2.ascx"
TagName="MailForwardingGrid2"
TagPrefix="uc1" %>

<%@ Reference Control="User Controls/MailForwardingGrid2.ascx" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="DevExpress.Web.v8.1, Version=8.1.1.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9b171c9fd64da1d1"
Namespace="DevExpress.Web.ASPxPopupControl" TagPrefix="dxpc" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit"
Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="AjaxToolkit" %>

<head runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>

</head>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
</form>

Here is the body of the user control:
namespace WebApplication1.User_Controls
{

public partial class MailForwardingGrid2 :
System.Web.UI.UserControl
{
// NCR.Rads.MailForwarding.BusinessObjects.MailForwar dInfoList
infoList =
NCR.Rads.MailForwarding.BusinessObjects.MailForwar dInfoList.GetMailForwardInfoList(SourceContext,
SourceId);
MailForwardInfoList objList;

{
objList = MailForwardInfoList.GetMailForwardInfoList(1,
"p000196");
//objList =
MailForwardInfoList.GetMailForwardInfoList(SourceT ypeID, SourceID);
gvMailForwardingTemplate.DataSource = objList;
gvMailForwardingTemplate.KeyFieldName = "InvoiceId";
gvMailForwardingTemplate.DataBind();
}

private int sourceTypeID;
public int SourceTypeID
{
get { return sourceTypeID; }
set { sourceTypeID = value; }
}

private string sourceID;
public string SourceID
{
get { return sourceID; }
set { sourceID = value; }
}

//
//protected void CslaDataSource1_SelectMethod(object sender,
Csla.Web.SelectObjectArgs e)
//{
// e.BusinessObject = objList;

//}