Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > baseValidator.ErrorMessage is rendering between start & end tags instead of as an attribute

baseValidator.ErrorMessage is rendering between start & end tags instead of as an attribute

TS

I don't understand why this is so. why doesn't it render as an attribute of
the span tag?

thanks

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi TS,

I've checked the Validator control's code via reflector and it seems it is
a simple control that use render method to output. There is no particular
setting on the "ErrorMessage" property, I think the rendering logic is hard
coded in it which make the property value as the default Inner html content.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

>From: "TS" <(E-Mail Removed)>