Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Bind images to a data list

Bind images to a data list

mherrera78

I have been presented with this challenge. I need to build a image viewer
type of control. Basically, a specific part has different views, and when
one part is selected, I need to display an image on a medium size and all the
different views of the same part right below in some sort of thumbnail, and
obviously, when any of the small pictures is clicked on, i need to display
the bigger size right above. (something like Amazon.com does with their
products)

Is important to say that I have already both sizes of the same image, coming
from a image server and I don't need to mess with the size of each image.

Could someone point me in the right direction? give some code example or any
article. I would greatly appretiate it.

Regards,

Nathan Sokalski

Well, first of all, having the same image in 2 sizes in not necessary, just
write a very simple ASP.NET page that uses a querystring and returns a
content type of image/gif, image/jpeg, or whatever the image type is. Then
use this as the URL for the ImageUrl property. It will save you the time
required to make 2 copies of the same image, and it will be a download the
same size as if you did have 2 copies of the image. But back to your
original question, do you want the page to postback when they click the
image, or just change the image? If you want it to postback, just change the
ImageUrl to the correct value during postback. If you want it to change
without a postback, use the onclick event in the image to set the src
property of the larger image. Hopefully this helps.
--
Nathan Sokalski
http://www.nathansokalski.com/

news:(E-Mail Removed)...