Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Login control doesn't function

Login control doesn't function

Pasquale

My development team has built a web site in ASP.NET 2.0 with a login page to
access to a reserved area. His has used the login control, but the flag to
store the data for the next time doesn't function. My team has tried it
several times unsuccessfully!
How can I solve this issue?

Many thanks

Pasquale

It is passed few minutes!
For us, this control doesn't function!
Thanks

"David R. Longnecker" wrote:

> How much time passes between now and "next time"? The timeout is only 30
> minutes by default, but can be configured in your web config. the <forms
> timeout="valueHere" /> will allow you to set the value to your liking (in
> minutes).
>
> For example, 24 hours would be <forms timeout="1440" /> and a month (30 days)
> would be 43200.
>
> HTH.
>
> -dl
>
> --
> David R. Longnecker
> http://blog.tiredstudent.com
>
> > My development team has built a web site in ASP.NET 2.0 with a login
> > page to
> > access to a reserved area. His has used the login control, but the
> > flag to
> > store the data for the next time doesn't function. My team has tried
> > it
> > several times unsuccessfully!
> > How can I solve this issue?
> > Many thanks

Pasquale

There isn't any value for the forms timeout in web.config of the web site.
Certainly, my browsers allow the cookies; this is one of the first committed
checks for this issue.
I will read the article, but it seems strange that the default login control
doesn't function correctly.

Many thanks

"David R. Longnecker" wrote:

> What do you have the current timeout value set?
>
> Also, just to verify, your browsers are set to allow cookies?
>
> Beyond that, I did a bit of googling and found an article that sounds somewhat
> like your issue. It forces the remember me by using custom cookies: http://www.codeproject.com/useritems..._next_time.asp
>
> -dl
>
> --
> David R. Longnecker
> http://blog.tiredstudent.com
>
> > It is passed few minutes!
> > For us, this control doesn't function!
> > Thanks
> > "David R. Longnecker" wrote:
> >
> >> How much time passes between now and "next time"? The timeout is
> >> only 30 minutes by default, but can be configured in your web config.
> >> the <forms timeout="valueHere" /> will allow you to set the value to
> >> your liking (in minutes).
> >>
> >> For example, 24 hours would be <forms timeout="1440" /> and a month
> >> (30 days) would be 43200.
> >>
> >> HTH.
> >>
> >> -dl
> >>
> >> --
> >> David R. Longnecker
> >> http://blog.tiredstudent.com

Phil H

On 9 Oct, 18:27, David R. Longnecker <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> If you haven't specified it in your web.config, I'd suggest adding the line
> and specifying the duration of the timeout.
>
> <forms timeout="1440" /> would give you a full day. Load that in, compile,
> and try it out.

With respect David, The "Remember me" function of the login control
has nothing to do with session timeout values. It works by storing a
persistent cookie on the client so that login credentials are retained
between sessions. The session time-out will have no effect on this.

PH