Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > sqldatasource item template update

sqldatasource item template update

Justin Rich

trying to do something simple and have run in to a bit of a problem...

I have a sqldatasource control and a details view. all of the fields are
databound but one. The one that isnt is a simple string field that in the
edit template has a dropdown box. the dropdown box is the status field in
the database.

i tried to bind whatever i could in the dropdown to "status" with no luck.
basically the problem is that in the update query i cant do status=@status
and have it use the assumed binding.

how do i assign that control to a parameter?
I cant do it as a normal control parameter because the most it will see is
the detailsview control.

thanks
Justin