Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Newbie GridView Question

Newbie GridView Question

ZZ_Scarab

For a simple record insert using a gridview, I'm trying to take advantage of
the New button automatically added in by setting ShowInsertButton property to
True. However, clicking that button doesn't do anything. Wouldn't the normal
behavior be to open up an empty row of text boxes to insert the new record's
data? If so, how can I get this behavior to occur? And if not, what is the
preferred method for doing simple inserts? Select, Edit and Delete are
working fine.

For more complex rows, I'm using a formview or disconnected controls.

Thanks