Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > I'll buy you a latte....

I'll buy you a latte....

jim

....or the beverage of your choice at your local Starbucks if you can help me
find a working code sample in VB.Net 2005 that shows a webpage hosting a
webbrowser activex control.

OK....it *is* a crazy request.....so make that 2 of your favorite beverages.
One for you and one for a friend.

jim

Just Me

I dont have any freinds because Im a recluse, and I only drink tap water.

I have done this before, so I know its possible, but I dont have a sample to
share unfortunately.

"jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsq8Hi.41896$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> ...or the beverage of your choice at your local Starbucks if you can help
> me find a working code sample in VB.Net 2005 that shows a webpage hosting
> a webbrowser activex control.
>
> OK....it *is* a crazy request.....so make that 2 of your favorite
> beverages. One for you and one for a friend.
>
> jim

Juan T. Llibre

Did you try googling for

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...+%22asp.net%22

???

The first link returned is :
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311294

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================
"jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message newsq8Hi.41896$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> ...or the beverage of your choice at your local Starbucks if you can help me find a working code sample in VB.Net 2005
> that shows a webpage hosting a webbrowser activex control.
>
> OK....it *is* a crazy request.....so make that 2 of your favorite beverages. One for you and one for a friend.
>
> jim

jim

Goggled til I turned blue.....

The first link returned has nothing to do with hosting a webbrowser activex
control in a webpage. It is about hosting a webbrowser control (different
from a webbrowser activex control now that there is a crippled webbrowser
control included in the .Net toolbox) and using it to post to a webpage.

Thanks though.....

news:%23FbyPhF%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Did you try googling for
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...+%22asp.net%22
>
> ???
>
> The first link returned is :
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311294
>

> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> "jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsq8Hi.41896$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> ...or the beverage of your choice at your local Starbucks if you can help
>> me find a working code sample in VB.Net 2005 that shows a webpage hosting
>> a webbrowser activex control.
>>
>> OK....it *is* a crazy request.....so make that 2 of your favorite
>> beverages. One for you and one for a friend.
>>
>> jim

jim

What would it take for you to reach way down in the basement of your mind
and reproduce an example?

jim

"Just Me" <news.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:eCyz6YF%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I dont have any freinds because Im a recluse, and I only drink tap water.
>

> I have done this before, so I know its possible, but I dont have a sample
> to share unfortunately.
>

> "jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsq8Hi.41896$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> ...or the beverage of your choice at your local Starbucks if you can help
>> me find a working code sample in VB.Net 2005 that shows a webpage hosting
>> a webbrowser activex control.
>>
>> OK....it *is* a crazy request.....so make that 2 of your favorite
>> beverages. One for you and one for a friend.
>>
>> jim

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> The first link returned has nothing to do with hosting a webbrowser activex
!> control in a webpage. It is about hosting a webbrowser control (different
!> from a webbrowser activex control now that there is a crippled webbrowser
!> control included in the .Net toolbox) and using it to post to a webpage

If that's so, the guy who wrote the article doesn't know what he's writing about when he writes that :

<quote>
"This article discusses how to use the *WebBrowser ActiveX control*
in Microsoft Visual Basic .NET to post form data."
</quote>

How is the *WebBrowser ActiveX control*, which the article describes,
different from the "webbrowser activex control" which you are referring to ?

What does what you refer to as a "webbrowser activex control" do,
which the *WebBrowser ActiveX control* described in the article doesn't do, in your judgment ?

"jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:4jaHi.95409$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Goggled til I turned blue.....
>
> The first link returned has nothing to do with hosting a webbrowser activex control in a webpage. It is about hosting
> a webbrowser control (different from a webbrowser activex control now that there is a crippled webbrowser control
> included in the .Net toolbox) and using it to post to a webpage.
>
> Thanks though.....

> "Juan T. Llibre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%23FbyPhF%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Did you try googling for
>>
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...+%22asp.net%22
>>
>> ???
>>
>> The first link returned is :
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311294
>>

>> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
>> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
>> foros de asp.net, en espaņol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
>> ======================================
>> "jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message newsq8Hi.41896$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>> ...or the beverage of your choice at your local Starbucks if you can help me find a working code sample in VB.Net
>>> 2005 that shows a webpage hosting a webbrowser activex control.
>>>
>>> OK....it *is* a crazy request.....so make that 2 of your favorite beverages. One for you and one for a friend.
>>>
>>> jim

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

I think the main question here would be "why do you want to host a webbrowser
control in a web page?".
In other words, what is the goal?
-- Peter
Recursion: see Recursion
site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

"jim" wrote:

> ....or the beverage of your choice at your local Starbucks if you can help me
> find a working code sample in VB.Net 2005 that shows a webpage hosting a
> webbrowser activex control.
>
> OK....it *is* a crazy request.....so make that 2 of your favorite beverages.
> One for you and one for a friend.
>
> jim

jim

To show and extreme version of the ability of activeX controls to be hosted
in different environments. What's more extreme than hosting a control
inside another instance of itself to show the flexibility and usability of
activex controls?

Doing so on a webpage simply drives home the fact that you are viewing a
control via in instance of that same control.

At least that's what I'm being told.....

jim

"Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I think the main question here would be "why do you want to host a
>webbrowser
> control in a web page?".
> In other words, what is the goal?
> -- Peter
> Recursion: see Recursion
> site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
> unBlog: http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
> BlogMetaFinder: http://www.blogmetafinder.com
>

> "jim" wrote:
>
>> ....or the beverage of your choice at your local Starbucks if you can
>> help me
>> find a working code sample in VB.Net 2005 that shows a webpage hosting a
>> webbrowser activex control.
>>
>> OK....it *is* a crazy request.....so make that 2 of your favorite
>> beverages.
>> One for you and one for a friend.
>>
>> jim

jim

news:OPhE5jG%(E-Mail Removed)...
> re:
> !> The first link returned has nothing to do with hosting a webbrowser
> activex
> !> control in a webpage. It is about hosting a webbrowser control
> (different
> !> from a webbrowser activex control now that there is a crippled
> webbrowser
> !> control included in the .Net toolbox) and using it to post to a webpage
>
> If that's so, the guy who wrote the article doesn't know what he's writing
> about when he writes that :
>
> <quote>
> "This article discusses how to use the *WebBrowser ActiveX control*
> in Microsoft Visual Basic .NET to post form data."
> </quote>

Please take note of the portion "to post form data". This is a use of the
activex control (I was wrong in stating that it was not), but it is not in a
webpage. The author explicitly states that the control is used on a windows
form under the "Create the Visual Basic .Net Sample Project" heading.

> How is the *WebBrowser ActiveX control*, which the article describes,
> different from the "webbrowser activex control" which you are referring to
> ?
>
> What does what you refer to as a "webbrowser activex control" do,
> which the *WebBrowser ActiveX control* described in the article doesn't
> do, in your judgment ?

I made a mistake and was thinking of another article to which I was also
replying at the time. The link that you gave does show the use of the
webbrowser activex control (not the pitiful webbrowser control built into
the .Net toolbox that I referred to).

However, the web is littered with examples of using the webbrowser control
(both activex and .Net versions) in windows forms. What I need to do is to
use it in a webpage to fulfill the requirements for this project.

jim

Juan T. Llibre

You did not answer Peter's question :

What do you want the webbrowser control to do ?
Why would you host a webbrowser inside a web browser ?

If you want to display info...you can use an Iframe.
If you want to scrape info from another server, you can use the WebClient class.

Specifically, why do you want to embed a webbrowser control into a web browser ?