Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > DetailsView Insert Item

DetailsView Insert Item

Nil

I am using DetailsView with Dataset.
After binding Dataset with Detailsview i'm chaning its mode to
Insertmode. After entering the values in the fields, i want to add
these value to dataset. I've used DetailsView.InsertItem(), but it is
not working.

Bill Nicholson

Can you provide more information? What problems are you seeing, what
error messages are you getting, etc.

Without knowing too much about your situation, here are some things to
try:

If you are using an Object Data Source, make sure the underlying
object is providing an Insert method.

Make sure that the data you are trying to insert is of a proper
structure and can actually be inserted in to the target table.