Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > loading a dotnet control in IE

Peted

Hi

is it possible to load and show a dotnet control dll produced in c# in
IE webpage or HTA apllication

WITHOUT needing to have the ccontrol dll served from a web server.

I want a purely client side only application, with a normal directory
that contains the html page and the control dll, that is loaded into
the webpage.

Is it possible to do this, if so an example or link to a website would
be appreciated.

the control is not complex, jyst something like a value slider bar

thanks for any advice

Peted

So are you saying you want to embed a windows forms control within a web
page?
If so, I've summarized the required steps here:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/WinformControls.aspx

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,