Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Adding Headers to the Dynamically Created Datagrid..

Adding Headers to the Dynamically Created Datagrid..

jayanth.vishnuvardhan@gmail.com

Hi,

It would be great if someone suggests me on how to append "Header"
information for the dynamically created datagrids?

Here is my situation:-

I'm creating dynamic datagrids based on the data coming from database.
so far so good.. Then after that I need to create "Headers"
information like "payment","due date" etc.. information to each data
grid as headers.

I used Datagrid Prerender Method but it always adding the "headers" to
the last created dynamic datagrid. I'm not sure why it's doing like
tha, but i assume as it's Prerender it is only called once even though
we created dynamically.

Here is Code snippet:-

Protected Sub DynamicDGrid_PreRender(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e
As System.EventArgs) Handles DynamicDGrid.PreRender

Dim dgitem As New DataGridItem(0, 0, ListItemType.Header)

Dim mycell12 As New TableCell
mycell12.Text = "Next Payment"
mycell12.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Center
mycell12.ColumnSpan = "2"
mycell12.CssClass = "LoanSummaryGridHeadColor3"
dgitem.Cells.Add(mycell12)

Dim mycell7 As New TableCell
mycell7.Text = "Most Recent Payment"
mycell7.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Center
mycell7.ColumnSpan = "4"
mycell7.CssClass = "LoanSummaryGridHeadColor2"
dgitem.Cells.Add(mycell7)

DynamicDGrid.Controls(0).Controls.AddAt(0, dgitem)

End sub

If you observe the above method the last statement says
"DynamicDGrid.Controls(0).Controls.AddAt(0, dgitem)".

Is this correct statement or am I Missing anything?

My o/p should be like this:-

Header 1 Header 2
Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 Col5 Col6
Data data data Data Data data