Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Licensing a Custom ASP.Net control

Licensing a Custom ASP.Net control

Elmo Watson

Let's say I have created an ASP.Net custom control, I want to add a
licensing scheme to the control - you know try it before you buy it, but in
the mean time, it has a nag screen and a place to enter the license, once
you pay for it.

I've looked on the web and found places like Desaware, where the price is
remarkably high, and then found other places where, the more you sell, the
more you have to pay....

Is there any kind of reasonably priced licensing application for a small
business (my company is just me), but it's also good?

If you find one, let me know. I've been searching for a decent one for
years to no avail.
All the best licensing components seem to be only good for licensing
applications, not controls.

Here's some useful info on the more manual approach you'll probably need to
take:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...h9(vs.71).aspx

--
I hope this helps,