Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Path

Jim McGivney

I have two paths defined in my web.config
<appSettings>
<add key="UploadString" value="C:\Documents and Settings\Bobo\My
Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\Bebe\Graphics\" />
<add key="ImageString" value="~/Graphics/"/>
</appSettings>

If I use the UploadString to upload a file and then the ImageString to
display the file, all goes well.

If I try to upload a file using the ImageString I get an error stating I
need a full path.

If I try to display a graphic using the UploadString I get a message that
the file is not found.

What's going on here, I must not understand paths in .net.

Also, why does one string use / (slashes) while the other demands \
(backslashes)

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jim