Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > How to test a custom control

How to test a custom control

Elmo Watson

Let's say I have created a new custom control - one that needs to be put in
the Toolbox, in order to drag it to the web page

How do I test it, in order to debug and step through the code?

The best way is to have a solution with two projects in it.
One project is your custom control.
The other program is the test harness (web application?)
From your web application, add a project reference to your custom control
project.
After compiling the solution, your custom control should appear in the
toolbox for your web application.
You can then drag the control onto a web form and test it out.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,

news:%23mik8%(E-Mail Removed)...