Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

hifiger2004

Hi Guys,

I am using ASP.Net 2.0 with AJAX Extensions 1.0. One of my aspx pages is
using assembly - AJAXToolKit. But when I try to access the page an error
will display on the page.

I hope you could help me solve this problem.

Thanks

Please see error message below

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit'
or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="test.aspx.
vb" Inherits="test" %>
Line 2: <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit"
Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1" %>
Line 3:
Line 4: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"

Source File: /pfadmin/test.aspx Line: 2

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
why the assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value
[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind
failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value
[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET
Version:2.0.50727.210

digitaljeebus@gmail.com

On Aug 29, 10:48 pm, "hifiger2004"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am using ASP.Net 2.0 with AJAX Extensions 1.0. One of my aspx pages is
> using assembly - AJAXToolKit. But when I try to access the page an error
> will display on the page.
>
> I hope you could help me solve this problem.
>
> Thanks
>
> Please see error message below
>
> Server Error in '/' Application.
>
> Parser Error
> service this request. Please review the following specific parse error
> details and modify your source file appropriately.
>
> Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit'
> or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
>
> Source Error:
>
> Line 1: <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="test.aspx.
> vb" Inherits="test" %>
> Line 2: <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit"
> Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1" %>
> Line 3:
> Line 4: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
>
> Source File: /pfadmin/test.aspx Line: 2
>
> Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
> why the assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' could not be loaded.
>
> WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
> To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value
> [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
> Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind
> failure logging.
> To turn this feature off, remove the registry value
> [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

> Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET
> Version:2.0.50727.210

To use the AjaxControlToolkit, you have to reference the actual dll.
The dll does not (I believe) get added to the GAC on install, so you
need to make sure that the dll is in your /bin directory, and that the
dll is not corrupt.

Joe