Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > newbie question: interprocess communication

newbie question: interprocess communication

Dave Bartlett

I need a simple way to signal an event from an ASP.NET page to a VB.NET
appliation running on the same machine.

This may be a stupid question, but can I use RaiseEvent to raise an event
that can be handled in a different process? Or do I need to look at
something like .Net Remoting?

Thanks

DalePres

I don't know the answer to the RaiseEvent portion of your question, but one
solution you may want to consider is MessageQueue. They're very cool. They
work great and very simple for getting messages from ASP.Net to other .Net
apps.

Dale

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...