Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > event handler isn't working

event handler isn't working

Sergio E.

Hello, I am extending a webcontrol, and I need to generate an array of
objects of type dropdownlist, whose event selectedindexchanged must fires an
own method called Cbo_SelectedIndexChanged that has the same signature of
selectedindexchanged of a normal dropdownlist. I already tried to add the
handler to them with addhandler but the event does not go off. I already
debug it line by line and the first timethe page with the control draws
correctly, dropdownlists fill correctly but when changing some value of any
of them it does not work, the method never is reached. I don't know if it is
because I don't defined the withevents modifier for each dropdownlist, but
the compiler gives me an error if I do "protected withevents cbos() as
dropdownlist" and I don't know how add to it when it's in an array.

The source code involved is this:

public class myExtendedPanel
inherits panel
protected cbos() as dropdownlist

private sub GenerateCbos(byval maxcbos as integer)
redim me.cbos(0 to maxcbos)
for i as integer = 0 to maxcbos
me.cbos(i) = new dropdownlist()
me.cbos(i).id="LocalCbo"+i.tostring()
me.cbos(i).datasource = me.dts(i)
me.cbos(i).datatextfield="colText"
me.cbos(i).datavaluefield="colId"
me.cbos(i).autopostback=true
me.cbos(i).enableviewstate=true
Dim eh As EventHandler = New EventHandler(AddressOf
Me.Cbo_SelectedIndexChanged)
AddHandler Me.ddls(i).SelectedIndexChanged, eh
'AddHandler ddl.SelectedIndexChanged, AddressOf Me.Cbo_SelectedIndexChanged
' it don't work too
me.cbos(i).databind()
me.cbos(i).selectedvalue=me.selvals(i)
me.controls.add(me.cbos(i))
next
end sub

Protected Sub Cbo_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
EventArgs)
'Here goes the code to execute, by now i use a test
response.write(me.cbos(0).selectedvalue)
'this method hasn't reached
end sub
end class

What I'm doing wrong?