Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > RadioButtonList

RadioButtonList

Jim McGivney

On an asp.net2 page I have a DropDownList in the item template of a
databound template of a DetailsView control.
Everything works fine if the databound value is a member of the items-list
of the DropDownList.
But, when a value not on the list, typically a null value is encountered an
error is thrown.
How can I have the DropDownList accept null values ?
How can I have the DropDownList check for and handle values not on the item
list ?
Thanks in advance for your help,
Jim

Riki

Jim McGivney wrote:
> On an asp.net2 page I have a DropDownList in the item template of a
> databound template of a DetailsView control.
> Everything works fine if the databound value is a member of the
> items-list of the DropDownList.
> But, when a value not on the list, typically a null value is
> encountered an error is thrown.
> How can I have the DropDownList accept null values ?
> How can I have the DropDownList check for and handle values not on
> the item list ?
> Thanks in advance for your help,
> Jim

See http://weblogs.asp.net/hpreishuber/a...02/437158.aspx for a