Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Creating a Scrollable Multi-Column List

Creating a Scrollable Multi-Column List

Nathan Sokalski

I am looking to create a multi-column list that is scrollable, kind of like
a ListBox control, only I need a way to align the columns of text that I
will have (I would use spaces, but because the ListBox normally uses a
variable-width font, that would not work). Is there a control like the
DataList (a control that uses templates and databinding) that displays the
items in a scrollable manner? One idea that I had, although it sounds rather
inefficient to me if it works, would be to place a DataList inside a Panel,
and then let the user do the scrolling using the Panel's scrollbar. Anyone
have any suggestions? Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Ross Culver

Sounds like a gridview to me.

Ross

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am looking to create a multi-column list that is scrollable, kind of like
>a ListBox control, only I need a way to align the columns of text that I
>will have (I would use spaces, but because the ListBox normally uses a
>variable-width font, that would not work). Is there a control like the
>DataList (a control that uses templates and databinding) that displays the
>items in a scrollable manner? One idea that I had, although it sounds
>rather inefficient to me if it works, would be to place a DataList inside a
>Panel, and then let the user do the scrolling using the Panel's scrollbar.
>Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
> --
> Nathan Sokalski
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Ladislav Mrnka

Hi Nathan,
I assume you have to use panel (as you already tryed) or div with style
overflow:scroll.

Regards,
Ladislav

"Nathan Sokalski" wrote:

> I am looking to create a multi-column list that is scrollable, kind of like
> a ListBox control, only I need a way to align the columns of text that I
> will have (I would use spaces, but because the ListBox normally uses a
> variable-width font, that would not work). Is there a control like the
> DataList (a control that uses templates and databinding) that displays the
> items in a scrollable manner? One idea that I had, although it sounds rather
> inefficient to me if it works, would be to place a DataList inside a Panel,
> and then let the user do the scrolling using the Panel's scrollbar. Anyone
> have any suggestions? Thanks.
> --
> Nathan Sokalski
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Creating a Scrollable Multi-Column List Nathan Sokalski ASP .Net 3 08-17-2007 01:18 AM
Scrollable list... gbattine Java 2 07-27-2006 09:55 PM
Creating a scrollable Frame in the same page success_ny@yahoo.com Javascript 1 12-08-2005 03:12 PM
Creating a scrollable window for runtime created controls dfreas@gmail.com C++ 2 11-07-2005 02:41 PM
Scrollable Datagrid : creating paging links dynamically outside the scroll bar RJN ASP .Net 1 10-26-2004 03:25 PM

Advertisments