Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > MissingManifestResourceException

MissingManifestResourceException

Nico

Hi,
I get this exception when I try to expand a node on the 2nd level on a
TreeView webcontrol.
The TreeView webcontrol works fine when I expand the first level, but fails
when I try to expand it on the 2nd level.
The nodes in the treeview only have the text property set, and the info is
gained from cached data, which on it's turn is extracted from a database.
There are only 3 levels in my treeview. My page exists out of a few tabs &
pageviews. On the last tab, there is a self made webcontrol that contains
the TreeView control.
My webcontrol is supposed to display the structure of my webpage(tabs,
webcontrols like textboxes, labels, etc and the tables they are contained
in.
Anyone know what could be the cause of this and more importantly, how do I
fix it?

Here is the explanation I get when the exception is being thrown.
Additional information: Could not find any resources appropriate for the
specified culture (or the neutral culture) in the given assembly.
Make sure Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.resources was correctly embedded or
linked into assembly Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.
baseName: Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls locationInfo: <null> resource file
name: Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.resources
assembly: Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls, Version=1.0.2.226, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null

The trace of the exception:
System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResour ceSet(CultureInfo
culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +1238
System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResour ceSet(CultureInfo
culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +550
System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResour ceSet(CultureInfo
culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +550
System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name, CultureInfo
culture) +103
System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name) +6
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Util.GetStringResourc e(String name) +17
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.set_Selected NodeIndex(String value)
+208
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.DoSelectedIn dexChange(TreeViewSelectEventArgs
e) +68
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.ProcessEvent s(String eventArg) +342
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.RaisePostBac kEvent(String eventArg)
+10
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.BasePostBackControl.S ystem.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEv ent(String
eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve ntHandler
sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCol lection postData) +138

Kind regards,
Nico.

Nico

Forgot to add that the webcontrols are in a different VC# project than the
webpage, but still in same solution.
Got a webproject that contains all my webpages and a control project that
contains all my webcontrols.