Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Asynchronus call to query in ASP.NET page

Asynchronus call to query in ASP.NET page

Adnan

Hi All
I have a gridview and a reportviewer on my webpage where the reportviewer
queries (taking 1 min) run asynchronusly in Page_Load.

AddOnPreRenderCompleteAsync(new BeginEventHandler(BeginAsyncOperation),new
EndEventHandler(EndAsyncOperation));

However the page does not return and display the rest of controls until the
Asynchornus calls have run.

I thought using an asynchornous approch would mean all controls including
the Gridview will be viewable and clickable and the reportviewer will be
rendered only when the query has run.

Is there a way in which I can enable all the other controls to be viewable
while the reportviewer asynch calls are still running ?

Thanks