Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Multiple Rows in Datagrid Column Headers

Multiple Rows in Datagrid Column Headers

John Walker

Hi,
In my datagrid I'm trying to figure out how to have two rows in my column
headers. Each column header in the first row will have two column headers
below it. I'm including a little diagram here to try to better illustrate my
issue... i hope the text stays lined up when i post this question. Is there
a way to design the datagrid to have these types of headers? can it be done
programatically?

|---------Last Year------------|-----------This Year--------------|
|---Profit---|---Expenses-----|-----Profit---|----Expenses------|

Thanks,
John

marss

John Walker wrote:
> Hi,
> In my datagrid I'm trying to figure out how to have two rows in my column
> headers. Each column header in the first row will have two column headers
> below it. I'm including a little diagram here to try to better illustrate my
> issue... i hope the text stays lined up when i post this question. Is there
> a way to design the datagrid to have these types of headers? can it be done
> programatically?

Hi,
Here is implementation of merging columns in GridView header.
http://marss.co.ua/MergingGridViewHeaderColumns.aspx
I guess, you will find how to change it if you use DataGrid.

Regards, Mykola

John Walker

Thanks, that looks like what i need.