Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Concantenate in drop down box

Concantenate in drop down box

JimS

Hello
I would like to have more than one field appear on each line in a drop down
control. How do I accomplish this.
Example LastName, FirstName, PhoneNumber.

Each is a different field in the database. I would like to have them
concantenated on one line in the drop down box.

Thanks
Tom

Tim Van Wassenhove

JimS schreef:
> Each is a different field in the database. I would like to have them
> concantenated on one line in the drop down box.

How are you retrieving the data from the database?

- You could concatenate in your query and fetch those 'calculated' values...

- You create a DataSet/DataTable and add a DataColumn which has it's
Expression property set to concatenate the values

- ...

--
Tim Van Wassenhove - Read my mind <url:http://www.timvw.be/>