Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Data in Datalist not refreshing

Data in Datalist not refreshing

halligas@gmail.com

Strange problem in a complex webform, but let me try to boil it down
to a simple (heh) question.

I have a datalist that is bound to a sqldatasource. In the header of
this datalist is a formview in insert mode bound to the same
sqldatasource.

If I enter data for a new record in the formview and click the insert
button, I have it properly adding the data to the sql table and
refreshing the datalist. The new entry correctly shows up in the
datalist.

However, if I navigate away from the page and them come back to look
at the same list, I see only the items that were in the list PRIOR to
my last insert(s). F5 usually (always?) will force the page to
refresh and all the data will show up.

So, is something saved in the viewstate that I am reverting to when I
ago away and back to the page?