Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Horizontal Menus & SiteMaps

Horizontal Menus & SiteMaps

A_Republican

I'm probably looking over something simple, but I can not get my menu control
to display properly.

My source is the site map, which is similiar to this hierarchy:
default
>Static Element 1
>>Child Element
>>Child Element
>>Child Element

>Static Element 2
>Static Element 3
>Static Element 4
>>Child Element
>>Child Element
>>Child Element

I want to display each static item horizontally across the page, and have
each child item be displayed vertically when hovered over.

Currently it displays the root item (default.aspx) as the only static menu
item, and everything else is a dynamic menu item.

--
Regards,
Shaun Goldston

Liberalism is treason!

Phil H

On 11 May, 23:30, A_Republican <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> I'm probably looking over something simple, but I can not get my menu control
> to display properly.
>
> My source is the site map, which is similiar to this hierarchy:
> default
>
> >Static Element 1
> >>Child Element
> >>Child Element
> >>Child Element

> >Static Element 2
> >Static Element 3
> >Static Element 4
> >>Child Element
> >>Child Element
> >>Child Element

> I want to display each static item horizontally across the page, and have
> each child item be displayed vertically when hovered over.
>
> Currently it displays the root item (default.aspx) as the only static menu
> item, and everything else is a dynamic menu item.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Shaun Goldston
>
> Liberalism is treason!

Dear friend

Menu controls have two key properties to define behaviour in this
respect:

(1) StaticDisplayLevels

by default is set to 1 which means only the root appears
automatically. Setting it to 2 will show the next level down and so
on.

(2) Orientation

Horizontal or vertical. A but confusing I'm afraid (it took me a while
to sort this one).

The orientation property defines the appearance of the level 2, level
4 items etc the rest are at right angles to it.

In your case set StaticDisplayLevels to 2 and Orientation to
Horizontal

HTH

Phil Hall