Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Dynamically adjust table column widths on an aspx page

Dynamically adjust table column widths on an aspx page

sljones@dodo.com.au

Hi There,

I can't seem to find any information from my keyword searches, but I
was wondering whether it is possible for browser to allow a user to
dynamically change the width of a table column?? I have a client who
has these reports which have been written in ASP.Net. They want the
ability for a user to manually adjust the size of the report columns
on the browser (ie. click and drag)

Anyone know if this can be done?

Cheers,
Steve

Nathan Sokalski

Yes, it can be done. My recommendation would be to use JavaScript events
(onmousedown, onmouseup, onmousemove) which change the width by setting the
CSS width property. You may also want to have the JavaScript store the
widths in Hidden fields so that they can be saved for the next time, but
that part all depends on the particular design your application has. Good
Luck!
--
Nathan Sokalski
http://www.nathansokalski.com/