Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Can't get textbox to display scroll bars

Reply
Thread Tools

Can't get textbox to display scroll bars

 
 
active
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2007
Been trying to display text from a file.

I now know how to find the file and read it.

I read it int0 a textbox with fixed dimensions.

But I can't get the box to display scroll bars.

I looked at Panel but it does not have a Text property.


Can you suggest what might help here?


Thanks



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Nathan Sokalski
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2007
Try using CSS to specify whether or not to display scrollbars.
--
Nathan Sokalski
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
http://www.nathansokalski.com/

" active" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Been trying to display text from a file.
>
> I now know how to find the file and read it.
>
> I read it int0 a textbox with fixed dimensions.
>
> But I can't get the box to display scroll bars.
>
> I looked at Panel but it does not have a Text property.
>
>
> Can you suggest what might help here?
>
>
> Thanks
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Scott M.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2007
You need to change the "TextMode" property of the textbox to "MultiLine" and
then the "Rows" and "Columns" properties accordingly. Then, once there is
too much text that will fit in the textbox, it will display scroll bars.


" active" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Been trying to display text from a file.
>
> I now know how to find the file and read it.
>
> I read it int0 a textbox with fixed dimensions.
>
> But I can't get the box to display scroll bars.
>
> I looked at Panel but it does not have a Text property.
>
>
> Can you suggest what might help here?
>
>
> Thanks
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
active
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2007
thanks

"Nathan Sokalski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try using CSS to specify whether or not to display scrollbars.
> --
> Nathan Sokalski
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.nathansokalski.com/
>
> " active" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Been trying to display text from a file.
>>
>> I now know how to find the file and read it.
>>
>> I read it int0 a textbox with fixed dimensions.
>>
>> But I can't get the box to display scroll bars.
>>
>> I looked at Panel but it does not have a Text property.
>>
>>
>> Can you suggest what might help here?
>>
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
active
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2007
thanks

"Scott M." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You need to change the "TextMode" property of the textbox to "MultiLine"
> and then the "Rows" and "Columns" properties accordingly. Then, once
> there is too much text that will fit in the textbox, it will display
> scroll bars.
>
>
> " active" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Been trying to display text from a file.
>>
>> I now know how to find the file and read it.
>>
>> I read it int0 a textbox with fixed dimensions.
>>
>> But I can't get the box to display scroll bars.
>>
>> I looked at Panel but it does not have a Text property.
>>
>>
>> Can you suggest what might help here?
>>
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to display scroll bars in TreeView in VS 2005 ? luqman ASP .Net 0 04-27-2007 05:42 AM
Using a div with scroll bars - can we get the scroll bars on the left instead of the right side? UJ ASP .Net 1 11-01-2006 09:32 PM
Browser doesn't display scroll bars Dilip HTML 5 07-05-2005 10:01 PM
Multiline TextBox Scroll Bars Paul J. Lay ASP .Net Web Controls 4 12-01-2004 01:35 AM
Can't get FrameSets to Display Scroll Bars JCO Javascript 0 03-01-2004 08:36 PM



Advertisments