Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Can I make this look like a button and act like an a href ?

Can I make this look like a button and act like an a href ?

active

a new account"</a>

Can I make this look like a button and act like an a href ?

I tried the above but it does not look like a button.

What does class="button" do?

Thanks

If this is the wrong NG please advise.

Scott M.

> What does class="button" do?

Absolutely nothing, unless you have created a CSS class called "button" and
written rules into it that would make the object have a border and
background so as to appear as a button.

active

Thanks
I'm looking at someone else's code so now I know what to look for.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What does class="button" do?

> Absolutely nothing, unless you have created a CSS class called "button"
> and written rules into it that would make the object have a border and
> background so as to appear as a button.

Mike Mueller

: news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: >> What does class="button" do?
: >
: > Absolutely nothing, unless you have created a CSS class
called "button"
: > and written rules into it that would make the object
have a border and
: > background so as to appear as a button.
: >
: : Thanks
: I'm looking at someone else's code so now I know what to
look for.

Very easy to do

In the head section:
..button a {background-color: gray; border: 1px black solid;
color: black; padding: 5px}
..button a:hover {background-color: white; border: 1px red
solid; color: red; padding 5px}

For the link:
<a class="button" href="whatever.com">Link Text</a>

active

Thanks, I'll try that now

news:(E-Mail Removed)...