Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > ASP.Net 2.0 Insert new item, then display this new item in Edit mo

ASP.Net 2.0 Insert new item, then display this new item in Edit mo

Ann

I want to insert a new item using the insert item template, then I want to to
display back the edit item template with this new record. I understand how
to use a sub routine to change the formview default mode to edit, but how do
I change my dropdownlist value to this new record?

My SQL query using a WHERE statement that retreives the value from a
dropdownlist control.

Using the Protected Sub FormView1_ItemInserting(......
sub routine, do I somehow capture the value entered in my textbox from my
insert item template and make it the value in the drop down list?

What is the syntax to do that, or is there another way to do it?

DropDownList1.SelectedItem.Value = ????

Thank you so much for your time.

Ann