Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > accordion

accordion

Ed Warren

I'm really new to AJAX. I'm trying to learn more about using the accordion
control. It appears to offer the UI I'm looking for use in a current
project. But I'm lost.

I have an accorion object on the page, with 3 accordion panes. In pane one
I have the following code in pane 1:
----------------snip---------------
<ajaxToolkit:AccordionPane ID = "AccordionPane1" runat = "server">
<Header>
"accordionLink">1. Select Date</a>
</Header>
<Content>
<asp:RadioButtonList ID="RadioButtonDate"
runat="server"
Height="202px"
Width="300px"
RepeatColumns="2"
RepeatDirection="Horizontal"
AutoPostBack="False">
</asp:RadioButtonList>
</Content>
</ajaxToolkit:AccordionPane>

<ajaxToolkit:AccordionPane ID = "AccordionPane2" runat = "server">
<Header>
"accordionLink">2. Select Client</a>
</Header>
<Content>
<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel2" runat="server">
<Triggers>
<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="RadioButtonDate"
EventName="OnSelectedIndexChanged" />
</Triggers>
<ContentTemplate>
<aspropDownList
ID="DropDownListClients"
runat="server"
Width="174px"
DataSourceID="AccessDataSource1"
DataTextField="CData"
DataValueField="Final_Sched_ID"
DataMember="DefaultView"
AutoPostBack="True">
</aspropDownList>
</ContentTemplate>
</asp:UpdatePanel>
</Content>
</ajaxToolkit:AccordionPane>
--------------------------------------------------end snip

The action I want is when I update the RadioButtonDate control in pane1, I
want to load values from the datasource into the dropdown list.

I've tried the following code, thinking that would capture the
<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="RadioButtonDate"
EventName="OnSelectedIndexChanged" />

The page fails to compile with the error that it cannot find the control
"RadioButtonDate". So I apparently do not understand how to reference the
controls in the code?

Maybe there is a way to capture the Accordion OnSelectedIndexChanged event
but I cannot find any examples and/or references to the events handler for
this control.

Thanks in advance.
--
Ed Warren