Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Getting google autofill to work

Getting google autofill to work

David Thielen

Hi;

I am able to get most of the google autofill to work by creating TextBox
controls with names like "name", "state", etc. But it does not work for
streetLine1 or city. Any ideas?

--
thanks - dave
david_at_windward_dot_net

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hello Dave,

Do you mean the google toolbar autofill functionality?

So far I've found some other webthread discussing on using this in html
page. Maybe you can get some clues from them:

http://west-wind.com/WebLog/posts/726.aspx

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

ications.

David Thielen

That's what is so weird - I'm doing all of that. And my JSP (Java) version
does fine with this.

--

"Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:

> Hello Dave,
>
> Do you mean the google toolbar autofill functionality?
>
> So far I've found some other webthread discussing on using this in html
> page. Maybe you can get some clues from them:
>
> http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread96922.html
>
> http://west-wind.com/WebLog/posts/726.aspx
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Steven Cheng
>
> Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

> ications.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your reply Dave,

If the code snippet are identical, I'm afraid the problem should be
somewhat related to the google toolbar's behavior. Have you tried the
samething on some other machine to see whether it works? If the html code
is correct, this should work on normal browsers.