Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Validation Groups and Wizard step

Validation Groups and Wizard step

David Thielen

Hi;

In a wizard step I have two validation groups. I need one of them tied to
the Next button for that step only. How can I do this?

--
thanks - dave
david_at_windward_dot_net

bhavesh

hi David,

If u r using ASP.NET 2.0 then u can have the validationgroup property
of button.

so For Ex.

If you have following two requiredfield validators...

<asp:reqfva id="test1" runat="server" validationgroup="Group1"
controltovalidate="txt1">
<asp:reqfva id="test1" runat="server" validationgroup="Group2"
controltovalidate="txt2">

now if u will define a button like

<asp:button id="button1" runat="server" Text="test"
validationgroup="Group1">

Now when u will press "test" button then u will get ur validator firing
for only txt1.

execuse for syntax.

hop this will help.

u can ask for any further query.

David Thielen wrote:
> Hi;
>
> In a wizard step I have two validation groups. I need one of them tied to
> the Next button for that step only. How can I do this?
>
> --
> thanks - dave
> david_at_windward_dot_net
> http://www.windwardreports.com
>
> Cubicle Wars - http://www.windwardreports.com/film.htm

David Thielen

The problem is that the wizard Next button is not available.

--

"bhavesh" wrote:

> hi David,
>
> If u r using ASP.NET 2.0 then u can have the validationgroup property
> of button.
>
> so For Ex.
>
> If you have following two requiredfield validators...
>
> <asp:reqfva id="test1" runat="server" validationgroup="Group1"
> controltovalidate="txt1">
> <asp:reqfva id="test1" runat="server" validationgroup="Group2"
> controltovalidate="txt2">
>
> now if u will define a button like
>
> <asp:button id="button1" runat="server" Text="test"
> validationgroup="Group1">
>
> Now when u will press "test" button then u will get ur validator firing
> for only txt1.
>
> execuse for syntax.
>
> hop this will help.
>
> u can ask for any further query.
>

> David Thielen wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > In a wizard step I have two validation groups. I need one of them tied to
> > the Next button for that step only. How can I do this?
> >
> > --
> > thanks - dave
> > david_at_windward_dot_net
> > http://www.windwardreports.com
> >
> > Cubicle Wars - http://www.windwardreports.com/film.htm

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Dave,

You could define your own controls for the step navigation template:

<StepNavigationTemplate>
<asp:Button ID="prevButton" runat="server"
CommandName="MovePrevious" Text="Prev" />
<asp:Button ID="nextButton" runat="server"
CommandName="MoveNext" Text="Next" ValidationGroup="Test" />
</StepNavigationTemplate>

===============
#Wizard.StepNavigationTemplate Property (System.Web.UI.WebControls)
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...rols.wizard.st
epnavigationtemplate.aspx

The StepNavigationTemplate object that is contained in the
StepNavigationTemplate property must contain two IButtonControl controls,
one with its CommandName property set to "MoveNext" and one with its
CommandName property set to "MovePrevious", to enable the navigation
feature.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Good solution. Thank you for sharing in the community.