Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Where is my form's snap to grid?

Where is my form's snap to grid?

Flyguy

Hello, I am starting to use ASP.NET in Visual Studio 2005 and can’t figure
out how to get the grid to show up on the form rather than the flow layout.
When I say grid I am talking about the snap to grid that I was able to affix
my controls to in ASP.NET 2003.
Thanks.

WRH

Hello
Tools->Options; check 'show all settings' (lower left corner)
Look in windows forms designer...

"Flyguy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello, I am starting to use ASP.NET in Visual Studio 2005 and can't figure
> out how to get the grid to show up on the form rather than the flow
> layout.
> When I say grid I am talking about the snap to grid that I was able to
> affix
> my controls to in ASP.NET 2003.
> Thanks.

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi,

Visual Studio 2005 by default uses flow layout. To change to grid layout as
in Visual Studio 2003, go to Tools/Options/HTML Designer/CSS Positioning,
check "Change positioning to the following..." and select "Absolutely
positioned" option. To snap the control, check "Snap pixel-based positions
and sizes...".

This will make a newly added controls use absolute positioning by default.
To control individual control's positioning option, first select a control
and use the menu Layout/Position to change it.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

promptly.

How to get ASP.Net 2.0 IIS mmc snap-in (plug-in)? =?Utf-8?B?SmF5YW50IFNhbmU=?= ASP .Net 1 05-05-2005 11:43 PM
"Snap To" in WORD 2000 Serendipity Computer Support 5 12-29-2003 09:48 PM
IIS snap-in fails Jay Bousquet MCSD 1 12-21-2003 02:00 PM
'snap in framework' Stephen Gray ASP .Net 0 08-13-2003 03:27 PM
Access snap-in of another computer in the same workgroup Alan MCSE 2 08-13-2003 03:15 PM

Advertisments