Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > GridView with changed transfered to db at end-of-edit

GridView with changed transfered to db at end-of-edit

R.A.M.

Hi,
I am learning ASP.NET and I need to have an Excel-like sheet of records from
database. Users may modify data in the sheet. I thought about using GridView
with DataSource but the problem is that the changes should be transferred to
database not when record is modified but when separate button is clicked
(then a transaction with inserts/updates/deletes should be performed). As I
understand database commands of DataSource are executed when records are
modified.
Do you know any good ideas? I think about storing (using DataSource
commands) changes in temporal table and then transferring changes to main
database table when button is pressed, but I don't know if it's a good
solution because implementation will be rather complicated as I guess.
/RAM/