Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > ICallbackEventHandler problem with Content Pages and Web User Cont

ICallbackEventHandler problem with Content Pages and Web User Cont

David Rehagen

I currently have a custom control that implements the ICallbackEventHandler
interface. Currently it works when the control is added to a standard web
form. It does not work however when added to Master Page’s Content Page or
when placed in a user control. The result is the page load firing but the
callback events never file.

I have scoured the internet for days and seen literally dozens of questions
to the same effect and no answers. I have downloaded the sample code from
various Microsoft postings on the ICallbackEventHandler and every one of them
fails when wrapped in a web user control or placed on a content page.
I am internally using the Control.ClientID so that I get the full name of
the control.

Any help is appreciated!

David Rehagen