Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > DataList - Data Lost

DataList - Data Lost

Jim Heavey

I have an 5 ASPataList embedded into an ASP:Table control as 5
ASP:TableRow. I am dynamically TableRow controls to this Table control.
Depending on the content of the DataRows being added, I will set the
appropriate DataListControls to be visible and set the DataSource.

When The page is displayed on the Form Load, all is well, but when I hit
the "Edit" button on one of the DataListControls, the page re-displays
without running the the "OnItemCommand" event and that control show up as
an empty row on my grid.

1st Question: Will the system maintain state for my ASPataList?
2nd Question: If so, why did my datalist not re-display what it had on the
form load?
3rd Question: Does adding back the rows to the ASP:Table som how disturb
the events which were triggered initially when the page is re-loaded?