Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Parameters for ObjectDatasources

Parameters for ObjectDatasources

Brennan Stehling

When I drag a GridView onto a page and attach a new ObjectDatasource I
can select controls which will provide the parameters to the
ObjectDatasource. By default it lists TextBoxes and ListBoxes but I
have a User Control which acts as a date range control and it exposes a
couple of properties, StartDate and EndDate. I want to be able to
select this User Control and assign these properties as parameters from
the form, yet I am not given that option.

I can still change the control and property name values manually in the
markup.

Is there a way to mark these properties or this User Control with an
attribute so that it is picked up in the visual form like a TextBox
does?

Brennan Stehling
http://brennan.offwhite.net/blog/